Mr. Robin Babu
Mr. Robin Babu the College Sports Officer is always available in the institute for promoting the sports activities.
Sports education not only teaches the students to maintain the physical stamina, but also the habit of obedience, discipline, the determination to win, willpower, etc. The power of reasoning, mental development, vocational specialization comes from the academic education of the students. Therefore, sports education along with the academics result in the all-round development of the students.
The exposure to co-curricular activities in the form of games, both indoor and outdoor helps to develop individual initiative, group leadership and cooperation in students. The institute has facilities for Table Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Handball, Foot Ball and Cricket.
As the saying in English goes, “All work and no Play makes Jack a Dull boy”. It has been forgotten that academic learning and sports education complement each other. They resemble the two sides of the same coin. If sports education is carried out accompanied with the academic curriculum, the overall personality of the student is increased to quite an extent. The qualities of leadership, sharing, team spirit and tolerance are learnt from sports.
Sports Committee Roles Responsibilities:
- To create zeal amongst students and faculty members towards sports.
- Promoting team spirit by making healthy competition.
- To organize regular sports events in order to train students for inter college, state and national level competitions.
- To achieve the goals we plan to organize various competitions in the following sports: football, cricket, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, chess, carom and badminton etc.
- To promote every individuals’ health, physical well-being as well as the acquisition of physical skill among the students.
- The committee aspires to inculcate qualities such as sportsmanship, team spirit and
- It is designed to serve the interests of the student’s community in competitive sports and other recreational activities i.e. both indoor and outdoor.
- Proper maintenance of sports accessories.
- To provide necessary infrastructure for the sports.